Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
As an Application Engineer working on Appian's Information Security, your mission will be to ensure that the platform is always fast, scalable & up to whatever tasks our engineers configure it to do. As part of the team, you will work to ensure the continuous evolution & improvement of our systems & programs by designing, developing, & implementing applications built on the Appian Platform & other tools.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Design, develop & implement customer software solutions to support Appians Security Platform
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, & design patterns to write applications & solutions in existing Appian frameworks (SAIL, Process Models, Rules, Expressions, & all Appian Objects) & light full-stack & mobile development.
- Ensure process implementation & think critically about process improvement; including monitoring performance & setting security SLAs
- Dive deep into large volumes of security data, utilizing creative ways to find anomalies worth investigating
- Conduct security research & present findings to senior team members
- Have a strong ability to learn at a rapid pace, adopting new technologies or task quickly
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- Days filled with unique & exciting challengeseveryday is different!
- Advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- Appian product training, plus additional training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- Our team is rapidly growing, & with growth comes opportunity!
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, & flexible working hours.
- A bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or other similar field of study
- A proven background in taking systems & applications from requirements to design & implementation
- A strong understanding of interconnecting systems, & using APIs
- A desire to dive deep into large volumes of security data to think about creative way to find anomalies worth investigating
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Understanding of network fundamentals & internet protocols
- Familiarity with both Windows & Linux/Unix systems
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.