Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fin-tech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our team provides components & tools to allow every company in the world to easily interact with & build upon Tradeshift, creating additional economic opportunity for many. We design, implement & extend platform-level functionality for strategic & repeating needs, maintaining coherence across the entire platform, & re-engineering to improve effectiveness. We love the scale & impact of what we are doing, & look to bring the best value to our users. In Bucharest, we plan on growing our team that works on the core Workflow Engine - the heart of all products running on the platform, Task Manager - the app which enables users of the platform to complete their tasks, navigate them, prioritize & get an overview of their work.
Role & Projects
We are looking for a talented Senior Java Backend Engineer interested in working with the latest tech, willing to experience hyper-growth in Tradeshift. Our team is working on two exciting projects: Workflow Engine,the heart of all products running on the platform, & Task Manager, the app which enables users of the platform to complete their tasks, navigate them, prioritize & get an overview of their work.
What a day is like:
You will will implement business-critical features used across the Tradeshift platform incollaboration withour agile Tradeshift product & engineering teams. You'll work alongside Product Managers & designers to define & ship new product experiences andparticipate in the entire development cycle.
- Work in a core platform team, in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Implement services that are highly-available & reliable, building features to enable new Tradeshift products & improving existing products
- Requirement gathering, architectural design, implementation, testing until deployment & verification
- Write high-quality, tested & peer-reviewed code
- Provide technical support & mentoring to team members
- Review code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity & advocating clarity within the team
- Identify opportunities, design & implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
Some tech you'll be working with:
Cache systems / NoSQL databases, message-oriented middleware (HornetQ, RabbitMQ),CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes.
You're perfect for this role if you:
You are passionate about the impact of your work,are excited to learn new technologies, & are willing to dive into unknown territories. You are inclined towards software engineering best practices, pragmatic solutions, & are proud to ownthe quality of your deliverables.Curiosity towards new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, etc, is a plus.
You also have:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java & application frameworks such as Spring or Java EE
- Familiarity with software design patterns (IoC, DI, MVC, etc)
- Experience with web programming concepts such as REST & the HTTP protocol
- SQL database skills (Postgresql, SQL Server or similar)
- Experience working Linux / Unix operating systems
- Experience with virtualization / container technologies like Docker
- Experience with Domain Driven Design & Test Driven Development
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!