About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Launch a new function within the Finance organization at Rent the Runway, dedicated to the design & maintenance of key financial systems & processes to support Finance, Accounting, Inventory Planning, Procurement, & other critical back end functions. This role will be responsible for managing & optimizing the key financial systems across many process areas including (but not limited to) procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, Tax, FP&A, payroll & financial reporting.
- Take ownership & provide direct leadership over the management of Microsoft Dynamics 365 (ERP) development & its integrations with various in-house proprietary technologies
- Collaborate with business & technology partners in creating & executing a technical business roadmap to take the Company to the next level(s) of automation
- Provide day-to-day operational support & management through dedicated internal teams & third-party vendors
- Build & manage relationships with various business leaders throughout the Company, & work with them to prioritize business requirements/projects
- Drive standardization of key business processes within the new ERP deployments & enhancements
- Manage & oversee direct report(s) within the finance systems transformation team; lead both functional & technical members of the team (including engineers)
- Communicate technical concepts & break down complex business problems into easily understood communications to internal & external partners
- Manage implementation budgets, RFP processes with vendors, & create resource/project business cases
- Design, develop, & monitor controls & compliance related to system controls over financial reporting
- Work with management to remediate controls gaps; address new, emerging, & evolving control requirements
- Advise management on tactical & strategic improvements to reduce risk profile across internal systems
- Support with various related cross functional projects across the company, as the business scales & as needed
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive IT system implementation experience focused on mid to large scale enterprise systems
- IT management consulting experience from Big 4 or a large consulting firm is highly desired
- Bachelors or advanced degree in information systems or technology combined with finance or management degree is highly preferred
- CPA and/or other relevant certifications are highly preferred
- Experience with high growth industry sectors is highly preferred
- Leadership experience is required
- Must possess an ability & a desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding, & evolving environment
- Must be able to multitask & prioritize critical needs effectively
- Able to communicate effectively with various levels in the organization & with external parties
- Able to break down complex technical matters into easily understood concepts
- Able to develop connections & relationships with outside vendors & advisers
- Strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Willing to help the broader teams with various projects & requests, as needed