Product Design Intern
The Technology Design team is looking for Product Design Summer Interns to support our teams to ideate, define, & design global WeWork digital products. We are dedicated to creating exceptional digital experiences that enhance the lives of our members & our teams. Were looking for people to come design the future of work with us, & explore the ins-and-outs of a fast-growing technology & design team.
WeWork is building a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries, & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities & cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal
- Collaborate in the translation of requirements into concepts & wireframes & design for our global products
- Assist in production of design comps & presentation materials
- Participate in design critiques, design sprints & iterative, user-centered design processes
- Work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers & engineers throughout the design process, from concepting into & through development
- Assess user needs & feedback & translate this knowledge into world-class design solutions
- Bring design trends & inspiration for best-in-class interactions
- Go the extra mile to support the team as needed, & proactively seek opportunities to contribute to the design teams missions & operations
- Manage personal work flow & schedule
- Currently pursuing bachelors Degree or other certification or related experience in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field of study
- Knowledge & understanding of user experience, interaction design principles & methodologies across platforms, with experience developing information architecture, experience maps, customer flows, concept sketches, detail design & visual design for digital products
- Experience with prototyping, usability testing & design research methodologies, & incorporating user feedback into your work
- Comfortable working from existing Design Language Systems
- Clear communicator & efficient designer
- Passionate about product design & strategy, with a portfolio that shows off your work & ability to think creatively & solve problems
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), bonus to have working knowledge of Zeplin, Principal, Craft
- Creative, adventurous, hungry; ready to roll up your sleeves & get your hands dirty
- Passionate about collaborating & rolling out the absolute best work, at every stage of the product design process
- Loves working with numerous people day to day, & having no two days that are the same
- Has a great sense of humor & doesnt take yourself too seriously (but takes doing extraordinary work very seriously!)