Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for experienced product designers to help guide the direction of the future of our platform. You will be challenged & take ownership of our product in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence.
The Design Platform team creates & implements the Squarespace design system. Were the connective thread that enables product teams to design & build a user experience & interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, & tooling.
You'll work with designers & engineers on the Design Platform team & collaborate with the wider Product Design team to refine the Squarespace design language, & evolve the future of our products. Youre familiar & comfortable with the challenges of working with design systems & inspire quality & craft across our platform.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager, Design Platform. Join our team & help define the Squarespace design system.
- Support in guiding the evolution of Squarespaces visual language & user experience
- Design & define interaction patterns through components, documentation, & prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain & create new components for our library
- Directly partner & support Squarespace product designers in using the design system
- Communicate & report organizational insights & developments with the Design Platform team
- Promote adoption of the design system across the organization
- Think holistically about the user experience & product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Create work that scales & flexes across a variety of global audiences, abilities, devices, & platforms
- Specify & maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, & interaction models
- Promote consistency & coherence across our design system, & identify areas for improvements
- You have 2+ years of Product Design experience with user experience & visual design
- You have experience designing with a systematic approach for consumer-facing digital products
- You are obsessive with attention to details & fundamentals
- You have demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams & take ownership to drive work forward
- You are thoughtful about inclusive design & accessibility
- You have participated or facilitated user testing & research
- You understand impact of design decisions & how to create meaningful product value
- You have experience presenting & tailoring your context to an audience
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.