Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager to join our Government Affairs) team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for a government affairs professional with extensive state regulatory experience, specifically with Arizona Department of Insurance & Financial Institutions, California insurance regulators including the Department of Managed Health Care, the California Department of Insurance, & Covered California, to assist in the continued development & execution of Oscars state & federal government affairs function.
- Provide thought leadership on legislative, regulatory & industry developments, including the proactive identification & assessment of regulatory risks & the ongoing monitoring & tracking of relevant legislative & regulatory updates.
- Partner with Oscars teams to support the companys insurance regulation obligations in the various states Oscar operates.
- Work directly with Oscars West team & other functional areas to develop & execute on policy objectives. Working with counsel, monitor & brief teams on all relevant regional regulatory & legislative developments, & assess impact for Oscar. Advocate for Oscars point of view with industry groups & governmental bodies.
- Develop relationships with relevant state trade associations & other stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote policies that further Oscars interests. Maintain relationships with staff to facilitate & strengthen company influence with associations, in order to obtain appropriate research & policy support.
- Represent Oscars interests with elected officials & regulators at all levels, including senior government administration staff, commissioners, state legislators, etc.
- Bachelors degree or commensurate experience.
- 6+ years of experience in government/regulatory affairs, preferably with a health insurer.
- Experience with state legislative & regulatory processes, ideally as they relate to the health insurance industry.
- Experience project managing cross-functional initiatives/responses, specifically in the government affairs/regulatory space.
- Experience communicating with & presenting information to leadership.
- Experience distilling regulatory requirements into digestible action items, for audiences at varying levels of seniority.
- Masters in business, public policy, public administration, juris doctorate or related degree
- Experience working in fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience working with federal health insurance regulators (including HHS/CMS/CCIIO), federal risk adjustment rules & the Stars Rating Program
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.