Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible & affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform & supply chain allows us to offer everyone whether they have insurance or not amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country & fixing how opaque, unfair & overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders & operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
- You are an engineer who, above all, is excited to build products that give our customers the best possible experience purchasing prescription medications. You have professional experience working on a team turning ideas into reliable, maintainable code.
- Software Engineers at Blink are responsible for building our world class products. Your job is to take ownership over one of our hardest problems, envision & refine strategic solutions, & drive execution like an entrepreneur.
- You will collaborate closely with a talented, cross-functional team designers, product managers, data scientists, marketers, & operators. Through these partnerships, youll grow our business, build our core platform, & - above all - make sure that our customers have access to the least expensive & highest satisfaction pharmacy experience on earth.
- At Blink, we determine the specific focus of engineering roles through the interview process. Key potential areas of ownership include: our telemedicine platform; our home delivery experience; our growth team; our core pharmacy platform; & new product line development. Well work with you to find the right fit.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of Good Giving in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication & enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Heres how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
Design new APIs to power new features
- Fix performance problems & debug production issues
- Perform peer code & architecture reviews
- Build new features, write unit tests, & lead the release of these features to production.
- Develop & AB test new ReactJS components to improve our user experience
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products & features successfully with the right skills, mentorship & organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor & develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration & product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects & people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity & an interest in learning new techniques & improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current & emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast & learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively & respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give & receive candid & constructive feedback
- Promote trust & encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- Have built consumer & platform based applications professionally
- 5+ years in a software engineering role building consumer facing products
- Want to work in a highly collaborative environment: we believe a team can be stronger than its individual parts
- You have a lot of experience with Python, ReactJS, or even better, both
- You have experience building polished, consumer-grade websites
- Are independent & curious
- Are comfortable owning features from design through delivery to production
- Have experience with one or more modern programming languages
- Are willing to dive into a large code base & contribute immediately
- Enjoy writing code that is understandable, maintainable, & testable
- Can communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, & anyone else at Blink
- Collaborative & Communicative - you love being part of a diverse team, building consensus, & establishing credibility. You are a Class-A communicator: curious, thoughtful, clear, & (mostly) correct.
- Technical - an engineering background/skills are highly preferred for Product roles at Blink.
- BA/BS degree from top institution; MBA or CompSci degree preferred but not required.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious & aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS