The Voice of the Customer (VoC) team will be responsible in ensuring that the needs & desires of our customers & partners are represented across the whole Magic Leap organization. The VOC team is responsible for conducting customer research & generating customer insights. It is a crucial function that will work closely with the business, product, design & engineering teams to drive customer-centric decisions & ensure there is a clear feedback loop.
The Lead Strategic Designer will be responsible for leading customer & partner research efforts, analyzing qualitative & quantitative customer data to provide strategic business insights. The ideal candidate should be an experienced & organized individual who is passionate about ensuring that the organization will make customer-centric decisions across business, product & engineering. This role will work in an exciting environment to help elevate a voice of customer function for the business, including the creation of streamlined processes & procedures that build new capabilities.
- Lead & coordinate research sprints by planning, recruiting participants, surveilling research vendors, moderating interviews & synthesizing key insights & opportunities
- Advocate for key enterprise & developer (e.g., Independent Service Providers) stakeholders by creating VOC guiding principles, & facilitate workshops that bring the team together to align around customer-centric imperatives
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary VOC team to cross-pollinate stakeholder needs with industry paradigms, curated trends, secondary research & insightful exemplars that inspire the art of the possible
- Bring insights, patterns & observations to life through effective storytelling & visuals
- Disseminate clear customer-centric guiding principles in service to key business, design, product & engineering stakeholders across the business.
- 5+ years in a consumer insights, UX research or design strategy role, with particular experience in uncovering b2b stakeholder needs
- Strong track record leading the application of human-centered design approaches, facilitating them across multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Experience balancing qualitative & quantitative research methods, synthesizing key insights & driving conceptual ideation against them
- Excellent verbal, written & visual design communications skills, including meeting facilitation & delivering high-stakes presentations
- Knowledge/ Experience or b2b hardware tech business experience
- Knowledge of the AR/VR/MR competitive landscape
- Background in strategic design, business design, market research, anthropology, psychology or another relevant field
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited University in a related field
- Masters Degree preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.