Sales Director, Origination
Location: New York or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in New York City & this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernizes & democratizes app development & distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast & intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Googles Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, & robust security with an agile web development & deployment model to accelerate digital transformation & innovation. Within finance, the number of firms utilizing OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021.
About the Role
We are hiring for a seasoned Sales Director, Origination to join our growing US Sales team! Sales Directors (SDs) within the Origination Group are responsible for expanding OpenFins footprint across multiple industries. The SD will work to build new relationships & penetrate firms & vertices with whom OpenFin is not actively engaged. Driving adoption of the OpenFin technology across new vertices & increasing the overall customer base is at the core of this position's responsibilities.
Commercial success will be achieved by building & maintaining a significant pipeline of opportunities, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition, & developing a customer centric solution. The primary measure of success for this role is achieving sales targets. SDs will also represent the company at industry events & assist with lead generation strategies.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of previous experience in generating & closing significant deals. Preferably with a substantial amount of time dedicated to enterprise SaaS/software/technology business sales, within the financial services market, while being well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. Experience selling to banks & asset managers along with a strong network is helpful.
- Generating new business by identifying prospects & initiating effective contact
- Building & progressing a significant pipeline of opportunities & navigating the complete sales cycle
- Partnering with customers to understand their ongoing business needs & objectives
- Effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition through proposals & presentations
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFins product & underlying technology & an ability to communicate OpenFin product benefits to senior business & technology stakeholders
What Were Looking For
- Extensive experience in SaaS sales with a proven track record closing six figure enterprise deals (seven figure deals experience is a plus/desired but not required)
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products & services to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Excellent technical aptitude & the ability to understand OpenFin product offerings & position products against competitors
- A genuine enthusiasm & interest in both technology & OpenFins product
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, negotiation & presentation skills
What Were Offering