Bonobos is seeking a razor sharp Merchandising Assistant for our rapidly growing business that is one part tech, one part fashion, & all parts fun.
As a Merchandising Assistant, you will work with the Merchandising team to dig into the details of our historic & current selling to meaningfully inform the future direction of our business. This position will also work closely with the Production, Planning, Design, Wholesale & Operations teams. And, the pace around here can get pretty wild, so the ability to keep up & keep calm is of the utmost importance...plus, it makes everything more fun when you combine the fast-pace with awesome colleagues that are constantly collaborating.
You will work closely with our Merchandisers to provide support to multiple objectives, including product knowledge sessions, sample management & even department wide meetings. As part of our team, your mission will be the same as everyone else at the company to provide the best mens shopping experience in the world.
What you'll do...
- Assist in the development, execution & communication of a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals for each season
- Analyze weekly sales data & have the opportunity to regularly contribute in weekly sales meetings
- Assist the merchandising team with line assortment for upcoming seasons
- Be responsible for creating & managing styles in our databases
- Be responsible for creating line sheets & managing cross-functional pass-offs with production & design teams
- Manage samples for not only assortment but also in-season presentations
- Partner with our production & operations teams to help track our product
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom Merchandisers to ensure product is prepared for launch & represented accurately on site
- Stay up to date on market trends & competitive by comp shopping
- Partner with wholesale team to ensure accurate line pass-offs & sample sharing
- Have a Bachelor's degree & an interest in retail buying and/or merchandising
- 0-3 years experience in relevant merchandising field a plus
- Are excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced & growing team in an innovative & entrepreneurial environment
- Have the analytical ability to synthesize data from different systems to understand business trends & provide forward-thinking insight
- Have the attention to detail to work in various systems & databases to input information regarding future styles that informs how they get made
- Will work towards ownership of a key category through executing on company goals
- Will be given the opportunity to have your voice be heard & your opinions taken seriously
- Should be creative & excited about working cross-functionally across various departments
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers & the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you