Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As a Senior Engineer on the Application Platform team, the software you write will power applications for over a million users around the globe. You will define the next generation of cloud services, making developers' lives (both inside DO & in the 'wild') easier by building new services that improve our efficiency & also provide important new features for our customers. If your passion is building products customers rely on every day, this is the right job for you. This role can be worked remotely within the United States or Canada or from our offices in New York City, Cambridge, MA, & Palo Alto, CA.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Contributing to the development of new architecture & major functional upgrades for our Application Platform offering.
- Work with our product teams to build the next generation of products & services for our developers community.
- Drive architecture for complex systems by determining current limitations & working with the team to come up with solutions.
- Contribute operational reliability as a member of the product on-call rotation.
- Technologies we use: Kubernetes, Go, gRPC, MySQL, Istio, Prometheus.
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer building software used by 1000s of users.
- Proficiency with Golang & Kubernetes.
- Ability to navigate the complexity of distributed systems to operate them in production.
- Contribution to the reliability & performance of App Platform systems.
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment & ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring & observability.
- Systems thinking.
- Strong opinions, weakly held.
- Bonus: Experience operating Kubernetes in production at large scales.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!