ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented AR Specialist to join us on a contract basis. The AR Specialist will analyze information, maintain complete & accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, & provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from Commercial clients. You should also be a skilled researcher & possess strong communication & computer skills.
To succeed as an AR Specialist, candidate must be 100% comfortable interacting with clients, both phone & email communication, regarding their subscriptions, payments, & other discrepancies, as well as scheduling payment calls.
- Prepare, verify, & process billings for customers from Salesforce
- Update our AR Invoice Sent Tracker on a weekly basis
- Enter data into our accounting software
- Properly record, reconcile & apply cash to correct account
- Investigate & resolve any irregularities or inquiries from customers
- Scan physical copies of Commercial/Vendor Refund/Treasury checks into our shared Dropbox file
- Record customer payments (wires & checks) in our Check Register & Cash Transactions file daily
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, & credit card transactions in the AR tracker & entering them into CMS/the NetSuite ERP system
- Ensure timely collection of payments & follow-up emails for all outstanding invoices.
- Direct interaction with customers on collection matters & dispute resolution.
- Maintain Commercial Subscription Billing inbox traffic
- Maintain clients contact information is accurate in Salesforce
- Assist with month-end closing
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3 years work experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards & compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus but not required
- Ability to calculate, post & manage accounting figures & financial records
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & decision-making skills
- Effective organizational, stress & time management skills
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, & detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume environment that requires a work product that is accurate & timely
- Problem-solving attitude
- Have highly developed communication & interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive & confidential information.
- Must be comfortable & exhibit strong customer service skills when dealing with Commercial Clients at all levels
- Ability to work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, & external parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, & results.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.