Regional Vice President of Federal Sales,
Due to our expansive growth, we are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join our team as a Vice President, of Federal Sales. This position reports to the Global CRO. The Vice President of Federal Sales will define market tactics to meet annual business goals. They will establish & lead a cross-functional team of experienced sales leaders & account executives in growing a productive & sustainable sales pipeline across the complex territory. This person will help transform & integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In addition to requisite passion, skills, & experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building & managing large, high performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Okta.
The Vice President of Federal Sales must have the ability to develop & implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Oktas overall strategy, act as the Okta spokesperson in the region & be the executive sponsor for key customer & partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit & retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metrics, & while leading from the front, work alongside the team to exceed the targets for the region.
This is a unique career opportunity for an entrepreneurial & driven sales leader to spearhead the expansion of a global market leader leveraging the existing local customer references, partner base, & alliance relationships.
What We Are Looking For:
- Success hiring, leading, & developing high performing teams
- Success adapting & growing in fast-growing & changing environments
- Success effectively influencing key stakeholders at our customers & inside of Okta
- Success orchestrating & aligning decision makers around a common objective
- Deep understanding of SaaS / Cloud Go-To-Market & the required roles for effective customer engagement
As The Vice President of Federal Sales you will:
- Able to attract, recruit, hires & mentor the Federal sales leadership team.
- Manage a team of Federal second/front line leaders & partner closely with other functional teams (SEs, PS, Channel/Alliances team, Legal, Desk Desk etc.).
- Open, inclusive & fostering a positive successful team oriented environment, building a results-driven culture of accountability & transparency.
- Lead by example, set expectations, follow through effectively & provide coaching & mentorship as needed & ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Accountable for consistently delivering & overachieving against targets ensuring Oktas goals, & objectives are achieved consistently & sustainably.
- Analyze data & dynamics to maximize existing successes & to create new sales growth opportunities
- Accountable for accurate forecast monthly, quarterly, & annual targets for assigned region; establish & manage data & supporting metrics (pipeline coverage, ASP, etc.)
- Effectively develop, design, build, & execute all aspects of the Federal business plan to predictably & consistently generate short-term results while holding a long-term perspective of overall results.
- Put into place sales force structure, process strategies, & strategic resource plans that will capture key opportunities in target markets, enterprise accounts/prospects, partners or industry verticals throughout the Region.
- Unearth customer insights, define the value proposition, determine appropriate sales & marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Own the pipeline generation strategy & with internal stakeholders to execute against the strategy.
- Maintain market intelligence & develop strategies to maintain Oktas leadership position.
- Growth mindset with the ability to outline the long term vision & strategy.
- Provide leadership & oversight to ensure the team leverages & deploys resources efficiently & for the highest impact. Collaborating with sales engineering, channels/alliances, customer success, renewals professional services, product, legal, marketing, & engineering teams to create a seamless customer experience.
- Ensure the best utilization of supporting resources jointly with the Sales management team Develop & maintain relevant senior level contacts within the Okta partner eco-system (ISVs, resellers, & GSIs).
You will be a great fit for us if you have:
- 10+ years experience building & running Federal sales teams in the software industry
- 3+ years experience as a third line sales leader
- Must have previously led a $20M+ (minimum) ARR sales organization with 40%+ growth
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, cloud enterprise or infrastructure management, application development & management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets & objectives personally & as a leader.
- Excellent leadership & influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, & within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning & diligent at measuring & communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, & coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona & polished demeanor. Strong verbal & written communication skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Mastery of Consultative/solution selling methodologies like MEDDPICC, Challenger, Solution Selling, & Sandler
- Technically strong & accustomed to selling into The C-Suite & Line of Business
- Operationally strong & experienced bringing process & rigor to his/her organization
- An innovator with the courage to nourish outside the box thinking to surface & pursue new ideas
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.