Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software & systems engineering to build & run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The discipline was started at Google & at Visa's Digital And Developer Platform (DDP) organization, we intend to run production using the same principles. SRE will ensure that DDP services-both our internally critical & our externally-visible systems-have reliability & uptime appropriate to users' needs & a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity & performance.
At Visa we're hiring the very best & are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences. We realize that Site Reliability Engineering practices is the key to deliver successful enterprise scale services & we looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to operate as Lead Engineer of the recently formed SRE team in DDP. This is a visible position to start as a Experienced Site Reliability Engineer & potentially be the Future Manager of site reliability engineering practices.
The Ideal candidate for this role will have the following characteristics:
- Core development skills Java, Springboot, GoLang, Akka, Python
- Expertise & experience in delivering large-scale systems using big data technologies including but not limited to: Enterprise scale Prometheus, InfluxDB, Opentsdb
- Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, & other relational & noSQL databases
- Proven ability to design, deliver, measure, & manage enterprise scale systems to high availability
- Well versed with engineering, QA & technical operations practices with agile application development & delivery vehicles
- Experience with handling customer interactions, by being a creative problem solver for large enterprise client environments
- Intellectual curiosity about the products that they help build, along with an eye toward the business growth is a must
- Mathematical maturity & rigor in thinking about data, content & information retrieval paradigms
- Camaraderie & ability to work with different global engineering teams with poise is highly desired
- We require authentic & precise written & spoken communication skills
- Undergraduate/Graduate degrees in quantitative sciences/engineering disciplines is required
MS degree in Computer Science & minimum 8 years of experience OR BS Degree with at least 10+ years of experience in product development engineering organizations, at least half of which being in a lead architect role.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis & software design
- Experience in one or more mainstream programming languages
- Interest in designing, analyzing & troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills & a sense of ownership & drive.
- Ability to debug & optimize code & automate routine tasks.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.