Love food? Better yet, love talking & writing about food? The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for improving the brand awareness & brand love of MealPal. He/she will focus on conducting North America media outreach, handling media monitoring & reporting, drafting/writing press materials, & coordinating with international PR agencies. In addition, the associate will help with all marketing administrative work & proactively share creative ideas to drive awareness among MealPals key audiences (current/future customers, current/future merchants, industry/trade, investors, & the broader business community).
- Communications Planning: Handle research for program development, monitor competitor news, participate in all brainstorms, & proactively suggest new ideas to increase awareness, sales & brand love.
- Media Relations: Develop regional, national & international media relationships. Draft all press releases & pitches for company news, new market launches, product/feature launches, executive positioning, & other activities. Create calendar of creative pitches that can be used throughout the year to drive continual awareness for MealPal, using data, trends, executive stories/insights, & holidays/themes to create newsworthy stories. Suggest opportunities to hijack or react to current news thats relevant to MealPal, its team, & executives. Help prepare all award entries.
- Influencer Communications: Conduct blogger & social media influencer research & outreach to develop target lists for event invitations & social coverage. Pitch & engage influencers accordingly. Track all results.
- PR Agency Assistance: Coordinate with international PR agencies. Track & manage all account trial, photo & interview requests, attend all agency calls, & assist with day-to-day media & influencer needs.
- Coverage Tracking: Update tracker, create press clippings, & compile weekly, monthly & annual press recaps.
- Event Planning: Assist with all logistics of planning owned & partner events including product samples, branding, materials, staffing, & setup.
- Asset Management: Create & maintain international press kits for each market including organization of imagery & products, & quarterly material refreshes (app images, fact sheets, press releases, team bios, etc.).
- Bachelors degree, preferably in public relations, advertising, or journalism.
- 4+ years of communications experience either on the agency or client side.
- Incredibly detail oriented, able to multitask, & prioritize/manage requests from multiple team members.
- Exceptional verbal & written communications skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, & Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of tools such as MuckRack, Cision, & similar tools a plus!
- Competitive base salary.
- Meaningful equity & the opportunity to build something.
- Health benefits, paid vacation, & free lunch.
- Free lunch & dinner - All employees receive a complimentary MealPal account.
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team.