What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmers Business Network!
We are proudlyFarmers First. Created by farmers, for farmers,Farmers Business Network (FBN) is an independent & unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously & securely to democratize information, theFBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field & put power back in farmers hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, & Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price & Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, & innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation & benefits.
As a Logistics Operations Manager at FBN, you will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers & usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks & clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
In this role, you will support the operations of 80 locations where our third-party logistics providers (3PLs) will provide chemical & seed distribution. In addition to supporting the local daily operations, you will lead process improvement programs that can scale growth in our distribution network.
- Support the day-to-day operations management of multiple distribution locations. Create, lead, & support cross-functional company initiatives.
- Provide support for inventory management to & from Regional Fulfillment Centers & distribution locations
- Manage & monitor metrics for key performance indicators (KPIs), vendor performance scorecards, & development of business cases to support logistics process changes and/or improvements. Drive alignment & prioritization of initiatives in a fast-paced environment with many interdependencies.
- Manage relationships with multiple distribution partners & internal customers
- Recognize improvement opportunities to the cost and/or quality of services to be provided. Be proactive in turning these thoughts into a documented business case, present the business case to your peers & management for approval, & provide ongoing project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Operations, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience managing warehousing, inventory and/or supply chain operations.
- Project management certification.
- Experience managing operations in multiple locations simultaneously.
- Import/Export experience
- Track record of success in operations management, problem solving, 3PL vendor relationships, budget creation, & cost management.
- Effective analytical skills, with the ability to apply structured thinking & logic to your work & provide solutions to challenges.
- Ability to calmly & effectively handle multiple & changing priorities. Excellent decision-making, communications & follow-up skills. Passion for continuous improvement at scale.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation & title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience & qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, & dental insurance.
Farmers Business Network is an equal opportunity employer & participates in U.S. Citizenship & Immigrations E-Verify program.