As Senior Lease Administrator you will be responsible for abstracting, managing & reporting on the companys rapidly growing portfolio of leases & management contracts & supporting the Real Estate Team on all lease-related activities. You will report to the Asset Management Team & work closely with other departments to assist with interpreting, tracking, & disseminating lease data.
The successful candidate will be able to take ownership of the day to day lease administration activities as well as assist in the development of policies & procedures of the Lease Administration Team.
- Set up, maintain & be responsible for the data integrity of all physical & electronic lease files
- Abstract leases, amendments & other documents into a lease administration database
- Track all critical lease dates (Commencement Dates, Expiration Dates, Option notification dates, etc.) & communicate updates to various departments
- Prepare monthly reporting of financial data leveraging the lease administration database
- Work with Finance to approve rent & additional rent payments
- Perform desktop lease audits & percentage rent audits
- Partner with team members in other departments (property accountants, facilities, general managers, etc.) to verify lease information & provide support as needed
- Strong understanding of commercial lease provisions & ability to confidently abstract & interpret language
- Proficient with lease administration software/database & Excel
- Demonstrated ability to perform desktop audits/CAM/RETax reviews
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task competing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized & detail-oriented self-starter
- Takes ownership of work product & shows initiative by following up on open matters
- Exposure to current/new lease accounting standards preferred (FASB/IASB)
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.