Were looking for a Senior Data Analyst who has a love of mentorship, data visualization, & generating actionable insights from raw data. In this role, youll have the opportunity to be an organizational influencer, who will generate insights with a good degree of autonomy, & partner with data science to grow deeper analytical skills. You will be joining the Insights & Analytics team, a team tasked with developing insights & reporting to support our customers & advisors needs. This team sits within the Customer Operations team, but is also connected to the Product organization.
In this role, you will work mainly with Customer Operations stakeholders to set KPIs & evaluate the effectiveness of current strategies & workflows. You will be involved in many aspects of data operations, from data auditing to building dashboards & analytical insights. For example, you will review the code of more junior analysts & organize coding workshops. You will build metrics to evaluate the performance of our advisors, eliminating confounding variables & creating weighted measures that account for individual success. You will define metrics & create dashboards to track the success of the current strategic direction. You will analyze the text-based interactions with our advisors to improve care quality. You will also analyze interactions with our chatbot to improve the responses of the bot to match customer expectations. You will collaborate with the Data Engineering team in pursuit of better data modeling & you can collaborate with the Data Science team on more modeling-heavy pursuits, like topic modeling or search recommendations. You will be a mentor to all other members of the analytics team, which demands that you excel in a culture of teaching & learning.
You will report to the Manager of the Insights & Analytics team, Customer Operations in Squarespaces New York offices.
- Design & develop KPIs, reports, & dashboards using BI/data visualization tools that clearly track the effectiveness of current strategies
- Execute & communicate impactful analyses, using SQL & R/Python to improve the customer experience & drive Customer Operations & Product roadmap
- Raise the skill level of the analytics team through reviewing code, organizing training sessions, acting as a mentor, & introducing new analytical methods & tools
- Help design & evaluate experiments & pilots, setting clear hypotheses & success metrics, as well as using the right statistical methods for analyses
- Effectively partner with Customer Operations & Product stakeholders, as well as our Data Engineering team
- 4 or more years of experience as a data analyst, data scientist, or in a relevant field in which you have worked with large datasets to transform data to meaningful insights
- Mastery of SQL, & experience with R/Python
- Experience with dashboarding/BI tools like Chartio, Looker, Tableau
- Experience with data cleaning, analysis, & presentation to non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative or logic-driven discipline
- Intellectual curiosity & a deep love of mentorship & generating actionable insights
- Preferred: Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in quantitative field
- Preferred: Experience with topic modeling, text analytics/natural language processing
We are hiring at various experience levels & were particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills & viewpoints. If this seems like an opportunity youd like to explore, but youre not sure if you qualify, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Squarespace makes beautiful products tohelp peoplewith creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design andsophisticatedengineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses toshare their storieswith the world. Squarespaces team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we alsostrive forthe same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.