We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people, not cost or workflows, first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, healthcare & service companies to deliver on our promise & seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
Oscar is seeking a smart, energetic, diligent & organized Legal Assistant/ Legal Operations Analyst to join the Legal Operations team. The Legal Assistant/ Legal Operations Analyst will be involved in the management & execution of corporate, strategic, & regulatory initiatives. In addition to working closely with Legal, the Legal Assistant/ Legal Operations Analyst will work with stakeholders across the company.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Support Oscars expansion efforts by playing a significant role in licensing application production process
- Assist with corporate governance material & other corporate housekeeping matters, including preparation for board & committee meetings
- Assist with managing stock option grants & other forms of stock-based compensation
- Draft & prepare corporate documentation, including board & committee meeting agendas, meeting minutes, & shareholder/board consents
- Assist Legal, Compliance, & Finance teams in compiling submission for corporate filing requirements, information requests & audits from state & federal regulators
- Ensure that an accurate database of all legal documentation across the company is maintained & updated regularly
- Manage the Legal teams internal workflow using JIRA software
- Collaborate with Legal Operations team to support legal team initiatives
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Healthcare and/or regulatory experience, a plus
- Highly organized & detailed oriented with strong work ethic, follow-through skills & overall good judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player with simultaneous ability to work autonomously & manage competing demands & shifting priorities
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities & interests of multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in or for a tech or growth-stage company, a plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.