The Business Operations & Strategy (BizOps) team works as an internal consulting group to be a business catalyst for BuzzFeed & enhance the companys ability to grow revenue & profitability at scale. The team provides data & insights that are endorsed & embraced by each business team & drives strategic business decisions. We are looking for a rockstar intern to join us & work cross-functionally across the business org to implement process efficiencies, organize training & development & enable cross-functional alignment & communication. This internship is a full-time, paid opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who is comfortable with data & enjoys solving analytical problems. This candidate is also highly collaborative & able to work across different teams & parts of the business.
- Assist the Business Operations team with revenue forecasting & reporting used within the advertising organization; establishing high levels of quality, accuracy, & consistency
- Perform ad hoc revenue & sales analyses to gain deeper insights into the business
- Maintain the functional areas of data management, forecasting, contacts, leads, opportunities, dashboards & reports, & ensuring data integrity throughout our CRM system
- Establish effective analysis of sales trends & performance in an effort to identify greater efficiencies & better manage & understand process bottlenecks & inconsistencies throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Identify process improvement opportunities across our business
- Project manage ongoing strategic initiatives to keep stakeholders & timelines in alignment
- Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year BA/BS program
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working directly with Sales teams a plus
- Experience with sales cycles/tools including CRM & ERP
- Excellent analytical & critical thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interest in Media/Advertising, Internet, and/or Technology
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.