Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
Glossier is looking for a highly motivated, experienced & collaborative Sourcing Associate, who is excited to drive operational strategies for Glossiers fast scaling supply chain. This individual will be expected to approach strategic initiatives & supply issues with innovative problem solving, challenging the status quo & optimizing for scale. This individual will play a critical role in our supply chain evolution, analyzing Glossiers overall supplier base, driving sourcing improvements, & optimizing product lead times & costs - while prioritizing vendor relationships. This individual will work closely with product marketing, product development, creative, project management & package development teams to ensure cross-functional alignment in key decisions. This role will be focusing primarily on new product development & establishing robust product supply chains in order to ensure post launch success.
Six Month Expectations
- Onboard & familiarize with our existing products & vendor base
- Active involvement in reviewing & analyzing vendor proposals for new product launches - by negotiating the most competitive cost while supporting the need for the highest quality, on time delivery, & the most efficient ordering sequence to maintain inventory levels
- Ability to distinguish the need for additional tooling investments for new product launches
- Support in dissecting, strategizing & managing relationships across all Glossier vendors by achieving a full understanding of their internal policies, capabilities, cost drivers & culture or quality in order to leverage our partnership & support Glossier as we scale
- Support in implementing a delegated purchasing model across all applicable sub-contractor fillers & then implementing them into Netsuite & our PLM system
- Able to create, confirm & track POs & Status of POs within Netsuite
Twelve + Month Expectations
- Further expand on the six month expectations
- Expand cross functional partnerships to deepen & grow your cross functional relationship & strategy problem solving
- Help drive exploration of potential new strategic vendors
- Assist in the develop a set of vendor on-boarding documents
- Support in managing vendor scorecard initiatives
- Help create & implement a supplier code of conduct
- Bachelors Degree & 2+ years of related experience
- Team player with strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.