Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We are looking for an incredibly bright Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing Platform Machine Learning engineering team.
If you have passion & hands-on experience solving real-world business challenges using machine learning in large scale systems, a strong track record building deep learning models & deploying them in production, & want to make a huge positive impact in peoples lives around the world, then this is a great opportunity for you.
The role involves application of machine learning & other related techniques in areas of natural language processing, predictions & recommendations to improve user experiences & decision making, customer service, security, image recognition & retrieval, & more. If you are the kind of person who thrives in a challenging environment & has creative expertise & a thirst for pushing the limits, we are interested in you!
Our platform teams are comprised of talented Software Engineers who get a thrill out of solving hard problems, working in a full stack environment, delivering quality code at scale, & enhancing performance & functionality. If this is you, let us know & you can be a part of it.
- Work with our engineering & product teams, translating their requirements & applying the latest machine learning techniques to solve real business problems, improve our platform, & develop new capabilities
- Participate in interviews & help build a world-class team of engineers
- Design, build, & train custom models & evaluate model performance
- Help the team deploy production ready models to customers, to learn from customer feedback & make frequent model improvements
- Contribute to the overall architecture & implementation of our ML infrastructure, data pipelines, inference engine(s), APIs, & products
- Collaborate with our engineering & product teams to understand their machine learning related needs & to provide guidance & support where necessary
- Provide mentoring & technical direction for more junior team members where needed
- Follow best practices & share them with the team
- Participate in functional, technical, & code reviews
- Work in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with neural networks & other statistical techniques & successfully delivering & running such systems in production
- A Masters or Ph.D in Computer Science or related field, concentration in Machine Learning is preferred
- Hands-on experience with ML infrastructure development & support using cloud computing technologies
- Fluent in using a neural network framework such as TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch, or Theano with understanding of back-propagation & other mathematical concepts employed by modern ML methods
- Fluent in Python, including experience with packages such as NumPy & pandas
- Proficient with SQL, notably writing & optimizing queries
- Experience in data engineering & architecture
- Experience in applying machine learning for a global-scale enterprise or consumer application
- Demonstrated knowledge & ability working with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud-based solutions to train models, set up data pipelines, & set up inference engines
- Experience in microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, or other containerizers
- Experience with developing ML methods in Jupyter Notebooks environment
- Experience with developing NLP models, e.g. for chatbots or automated assistants
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills especially debugging of complex software systems
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A passion for applying latest technologies into the development of innovative features & products
- A collaborative attitude & demonstrated team-working ability
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for learning