At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts engineering team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused at enabling & empowering engineering teams to deliver at scale.
Technical Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, & collaboration skills. Our TPMs are technically strong with software engineering or systems engineering experience. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals & inspiring teams to deliver. TPMs at Lyft are both strategic & tactical & do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
We are seeking a technically strong Technical Program Manager with a passion for data. Our data platform is widely used to drive every decision & product, playing a crucial role in enabling us to manage our markets & to delight our passengers & drivers. Were building large scale data processing systems to power these business needs. In this role, you will collaborate with engineering, analytics, data science, operations, & across the company to scale to meet Lyfts demanding growth & data needs.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, & accountability
- Leverage deep technical expertise with large-scale, distributed 24x7 production systems to build comprehensive plans, to identify risks, & to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers & drivers
- Partner with engineering, product, & business leadership to build highly collaborative teams & to enhance communication across teams & stakeholders
- Identify & resolve systemic issues impacting Lyft engineering & aggressively take action to resolve
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering or product leader
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies & constraints, in a highly dynamic & agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively & autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems & solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate & inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, & attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems & 24x7 production operations
- At least two years of software engineering or systems engineering experience
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.