At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Societe Generale, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
Paxos is looking for a Director of Public Policy to manage the development of our policy positions & how we engage with the public, policymakers & regulators on these topics. We engage with national & global leaders on multiple topics relating to the future of finance, the digital economy, capital markets, blockchain & cryptocurrencies, & this role will be critical to ensuring that Paxos is at the forefront of these conversations. Ideal candidates will have deep, hands-on experience & understanding of the legislative process in the US, strong bipartisan contacts amongst policymakers, regulators & agencies, & a passion for clearly defining & articulating well-constructed policy.
What youll do:
- Public Policy - Develop Paxos position on relevant public policy matters; strategize & execute on engagement with policymakers nationally & internationally.
- Industry Collaboration - Serve as Paxos representative to relevant industry associations & coalitions; engage the industry collaboratively to push forward meaningful initiatives & ideas.
- Regulatory Affairs - Help oversee completion of regulatory applications, productively engage with current & potential future regulators.
- Policy Communications - Work collaboratively with the Communications team to amplify Paxos policy perspectives, & to ensure that policymakers are regularly updated with relevant Paxos developments.
- Content - Write white papers, thought pieces, contributed pieces, blog posts & other materials on policy.
- Cross-functional Collaboration - Work closely with senior executives to ensure that all policy work is aligned with the overall business strategy & goals.
What you need to have:
- 7+ years of experience working with senior policymakers, regulators & agencies
- In-the-weeds expertise in finance & fintech policy issues
- The ability to work with cross-functional executives in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly & communicate them clearly both verbally & in written form
- An approach that includes strategic thinking as well as excellent execution
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us: