What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
We are looking for a Data Engineer with solid experience of the marketing industry & digital advertising platforms. You will be responsible for expanding & improving our data pipelines, in order to optimise data flow & collection for our Marketing team. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder & data wrangler who enjoys optimising data systems & building them from the ground up to support digital marketing efforts. We believe in tested automation of pipelines. The members of our team should not only be agile in producing the data pipelines, but able to test those pipelines to ensure a robust & stable platform, without data leakage & with understanding of the ultimate expected outcome & how it may affect sales targets & revenue. You will report to the Data Engineering Manger.
What you'll do:
- Create & maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture that will drive our Digital Marketing strategy.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements related to Digital Marketing.
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with Product Engineering to create, manage, & enforce digital analytics tagging standards to ensure robust & consistent data is captured for analysis.
- Ensure data is properly defined, received, transformed, optimised & made accessible for analysts, data scientists & marketeers to perform their work.
- Define & manage a testing automation plan for digital analytics.
- Ensure privacy regulations are adhered to.
- Create data tools for analytics & data scientist team members which assist them in building & optimising our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data & analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What we're looking for:
- 4 years of experience in engineering (with at least 2 in a Data Engineering role).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital marketing analytics space.
- Experience with Facebook Ads, Adsense, Adwords, etc.
- Proficiency with tag management systems & web analytics platforms
- Advanced working SQL knowledge & experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Scala or Python using Spark or similar technologies.
- Experience building & optimising big data data pipelines, architectures & data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal & external data & processes to answer specific business questions & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience of building processes to support data transformation & data structures.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing & extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, & highly scalable big data data stores.
- Strong project management & organizational skills.
- Experience supporting & working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with AWS (what we use) or other cloud based platforms, with a desire to learn AWS.
- Experience with (one or more) Hadoop, Spark, Kafka would be particularly beneficial.
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.