As a Tanium Senior Software Engineer focused on Cloud technologies, you will build & maintain best-of-breed products & infrastructure as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model & feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new product ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, & deploy the products & supporting services from the ground up, while iterating with product management & customers for feedback & input.
What youll do:
- Build & maintain Tanium's cloud products & services as part of agile development team
- Implement intuitive front ends for customer-facing & internal applications
- Build backend microservices with well defined APIs
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, messages buses, & other server side technology
- Create automated unit tests, API tests, integration tests & ensure quality delivery
- Author technical documents & artifacts for developed software
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree or related technical field preferred
- 5+ years industry experience, 7+ preferred
- Experience designing & building high-impact, high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, supportable, & maintainable backend services & APIs
- Experience with React or similar front-end technologies
- Experience with HTTP API design & development including REST and/or GraphQL
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with containers & microservices
- Experience with modern software engineering development & automation tools like git & CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos)
- Demonstrates excellent judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability & supportability
- Believes in the power of & the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experienced debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments & address the root causes of those fires for the future
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern backend software frameworks & the versatility to learn new tools & languages
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.