Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which now stands at 4.3+ billion in circulation. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Director, Data Science at Circle, youll work closely with Engineers productizing machine learning solutions & scalable data pipelines that support these solutions. Youll have the opportunity to significantly impact internal data consumption & decision making within fraud risk. We are a passionate team with a deeply analytical mindset, & your work will support us in our mission to be a world-class company driven by data.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with product & operations teams to identify & resolve analytical problems at scale in a variety of domains, including fraud detection, risk management & customer support optimization
- Create & manage predictive models using a variety of machine-learning techniques that guide our fraud prevention & compliance guidelines
- Implement, maintain & optimize model deployment lifecycle
- Contribute to analytics projects across Circle teams, with involvement from data collection all the way to presentation & decision support
- Partner with engineers to ensure that data is appropriately identified, recorded, transformed, & furnished for consumption
- Become an expert on data sources & flows at Circle
- Lead payments risks projects
- Evangelize the power of analytics to improve our business & operations.
- Manage a team of data scientist & data engineers
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of industry experience working with & analyzing large data sets to build models
- 5+ years of experience with technical leadership & people management
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (Python) & SQL
- Theoretical & applied expertise in statistics, machine learning & experimental design
- Hands-on experience with common software development flows & tools (Linux, git, AWS), as well as deploying models into production (Spark, MLeap & PMML)
- Experience designing & implementing complex modeling solutions from ideation to production at scale
- Ability to understand complex business problems & break down analytics projects into a structured approach.
- Track record of managing data scientists & data engineers.
- You have experience managing remote teams
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.