BuzzFeed the social news & entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment & video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant in our NY office. The candidates responsibilities will include preparing imports for monthly financial close; performing control testing on revenue & billing reports; maintaining of customer collections process & assisting with the accounting for the various payroll schemes. In addition, the candidate will assist with the internal control cycle documentation & audit testing & work with internal/external auditors, as needed. The candidate will also assist existing accounting team with various ad-hoc projects as necessary.
The position is based in our NY office & will report to our Senior Accountant.
- Responsible for account activity & maintaining a complete & accurate general ledger for specific entities
- Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing complete & accurate journal entries, reviewing & understanding all monthly, quarterly & annual close functions
- Support on-going audit efforts & assist in process documentation
- Responsible for preparing/reviewing cash, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, deferred rent, foreign exchange & intercompany journal entries
- Prepare monthly & quarterly flux analysis
- Perform reconciliations for various accounts
- Ensure all company accounting policies & procedures are followed & are in compliance with GAAP
- Continued focus on improving processes & analysis
- Assist with audit requests, such as preparing supporting documentation & schedules
- Special ad hoc reports & projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 1-3 years of experience working in accounting
- Must be proficient in Windows, Excel, & Word
- Big Four experience & CPA preferred
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.