User Operations (UO) empowers Asana customers through clear & expert help, both one-on-one through our support channels, & at scale through ownership of our Help Guide: asana.com/guide/help. As a content strategist, you will work to understand customer needs, then own, plan, develop & deliver clear content. We already pride ourselves on keeping our help resources effective & up-to-date, but we are looking for someone to take this operation to the next level while also serving as a mentor to the other members of our content team.
You will collaborate & network with internal & external stakeholders across Asanas Marketing, Design, User Education, User Research, & Ops teams to determine the most effective strategy for the Help Guide & UOs overall voice as a department. You will coach & review the work of a small team of content writers, guiding them through the content creation process. You will be committed to helping our customers become successful through innovative support & educational experiences.
Ultimately, we want to provide our customers with the most intuitive, human-friendly experience possible, & our Guide is a crucial part of our overall customer support strategy. With a product that is constantly evolving & improving, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a high-volume, rapidly-changing environment with room for growth.
What you'll achieve:
- Simplify & streamline content processes through innovation & project ownership.
- Conduct gap analysis, deliver insights, recommend workflows, actively manage cross-functional initiatives & set clear goals for content.
- Mentor a small team of content writers on continually creating, refining, & improving help content based on feedback, analytics, & product changes through a mix of delegation & execution.
- Establish strong relationships with stakeholders & cross-functional partners.
- Work closely with counterparts on Asana's Product & Product Marketing teams to develop & execute an efficient, data-informed content strategy that keeps our help content as up-to-date & accurate as possible with our quickly evolving product.
- Build out style guides for our help content & support channels, influencing all support related public messaging, including prepared response libraries & social communications.
- 4+ years of experience writing & creating help content for web experiences, preferably in another SaaS company.
- Solid interpersonal & consensus-building skills.
- Some people management experience.
- Previous experience with content management or information architecture.
- Strong, confident, & exacting writing (in English). You can explain complex concepts succinctly & clearly.
- A keen eye for content design. You can make any lengthy, rambling document concise & human-friendly.
- Experience in leading a team through implementation of new policies & processes.
- Genuine passion about the opportunity to create a world-class help experience. Background in (and enthusiasm for) customer support is preferred.
- An interest in analyzing & measuring the effectiveness of content & in making data-informed improvements.
- Sharp judgement when prioritizing tasks & a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Preference for someone with a knack for visual storytelling & comfort creating supporting screenshot/cast visuals for content.
- You are familiar with metrics used to track content performance, & be able to think strategically about help content & its role in the customer lifecycle.
- Comfort working in a fast paced, ever evolving environment, stays flexible in uncertainty, & maintains a positive, problem-solving approach.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who is comfortable working independently & also knows when to ask questions.