Research technology markets & companies. Help clients make decisions. Develop compelling research.
If you are passionate about emerging technology trends, including everything from autonomous driving to digital health to cybersecurity, then we have the role for you.
The role you'll play:
Interested in a unique opportunity to support the development of the most actionable insight into technology markets & vendors? Are you able to thoroughly research & analyze a technology topic to draw out the key findings for strategic planning decisions? Excited about being at the forefront of technology trends & influencing tech buying decisions?
About the IU team:
Working on the Intelligence Unit is a unique seat with a view into accelerating technology change. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. You are working at a growing SaaS startup, while also spending your day analyzing the tech markets & companies driving tech disruption across industries. To do so, you will have full access to the CB Insights software platform & its billions of data points, which you will be immersed in every day. You will be surrounded by some of the most curious & driven people you will ever meet & held up to the highest standards every day. Our analysts & editors come from backgrounds as diverse as investment banking, VC, consulting, equity research, journalism, academia, & medical research. As you grow, you will have the opportunity to work with both startups & incumbents in your industry, & have the ear of senior decision makers.
- Using CB Insights proprietary data set & analytic tools, research companies & technology markets for reports on investment trends & technology decisions in corporate strategy, venture capital, & more.
- Support client-directed startup scouting, market research, & technology assessment projects.
- Develop deep mastery of research frameworks & methodologies, & apply them across various industries.
- Support PR & media requests with thorough research.
- 1+ years professional experience working in investment banking, equity research, consulting, academic research, market research, or journalism.
- Analytical rigor & strong attention to detail is a must - ability to synthesize complex concepts into its component research problems to build compelling solutions is a must.
- Strong communication skills & leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate a contagious passion for the material: should be a startup / tech geek passionate about all technology, including technology investment, venture capital, & related early-stage innovation.
- Some startup experience is a plus, a thick skin & high tolerance for change required.
- Strong MS Excel & Powerpoint skills.
- BA/BS required; relevant graduate degrees a plus.
- Amazing culture: Happy, Helpful, Humble, Hungry. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All of the work for this position will be performed in the U.S. As such, in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity & eligibility to work in the United States & to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!