How would you like to work on data using & building some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? What about presenting that data in a way individuals can consume visually in a quick, easy, & engaging manner? As an Analytics Engineer, we have many opportunities to work with huge amounts of data each & every day. Our Analytics Engineer works very closely with all aspects of data, both internal & external. They need the mindset to use a variety of tools & platforms to suitably move data across systems & build essential data sets needed to perform analysis. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's data consumers & analysts.
The perfect applicant for this role will have a strong ability to guide others through the data & analytics infrastructure as well as the skills that it takes to participate in the design & development of creative & innovative data deliverables.
Who you're committed to being:
- You use data to improve outcomes for your colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, & everyone in the Pluralsight community.
- You are a proactive, self-aware, & empathetic communicator.
- You create reproducible & extensible work.
- You thrive being on a team that values & encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, & strengths.
- You create a roadmap for excellent output by identifying the questions & objectives that drive each project.
- You are open to changing your methods & conclusions in response to new knowledge.
- You recognize & mitigate assumptions & bias in yourself & in the data we use.
- You present your work in ways that empower others to make more informed decisions.
- You carefully consider the ethical & security implications of the choices you make when using data, as well as the impact of your work on customers & colleagues.
- You respect & invite fair criticism while promoting the identification & open discussion of errors, risks, & unintended consequences of your work.
- You help others understand the most useful & appropriate applications of data to solve real-world problems.
What you'll own:
- The transformation & creation of datasets that drive the strategy & decisions of our internal & external customers
- The improvement of existing datasets to increase performance & accuracy
- The design & creation of visualizations
- The creation & presentation of data insights to our stakeholders
- The reliability of the data & analytics produced
- The implementation of new products designed for data analytics & literacy
- The training of our stakeholders to use new datasets & dashboards that drive decision optimization for the business
Experience you'll need:
- Expertise with SQL & at least one programming language (PowerShell, Python, Perl etc.) and/or Alteryx
- Strong foundation in Database Systems
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for data
- Strong communication skills & willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
- Experience with data warehousing architecture & data modeling best practices: Experience with AWS, Hadoop, Impala or Hive preferred
- Demonstrable skills-building responsive data visualizations using Tableau or equivalent
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.