SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The companys People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. SurveyMonkeys products, enterprise solutions & integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth & innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC where people of every background can thrive. Weve won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBCs Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past couple of years weve become a public company & expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security & compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, & every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth & transformation. Its an incredible time to join the company & be a part of our next chapter!
Were looking for a sharp, organized leader to join our growing finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning & budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey stays healthy & grows. If youre ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking tax, finance & collaboration skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Tax Director to join its tax team. The primary responsibility for this role will be to drive the management, approach, preparation, & review of all US income & indirect tax returns. This position will also oversee global transfer pricing & will be responsible for tax audit & controversy matters. Finally, & very importantly, the Tax Director will be responsible for developing her/his staff & growing the team as appropriate. The position will be based in San Mateo & will (as with the other Tax Director) report to the VP of Global Tax. The Tax Director must be hands-on & willing to prepare or review tax returns depending on the needs of the role & function..
- Manage the accurate & timely filing of federal & state tax returns, related international reporting (5471s, 8858s, etc.), tax estimates & extensions
- Manage the accurate & timely filing of acquisition-related tax returns, including the relevant reporting related to M&A planning & integrations
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state & local income tax laws, income tax filing requirements, & electronic filing mandates
- Manage all domestic monthly, quarterly & annual sales & use taxes, property taxes, franchise, gross receipts & other non-income tax returns in multiple jurisdictions
- Liaise with the tax accounting team in identifying & documenting book-to-tax adjustments, review of provision to return true-up calculations & analysis of tax attributes & cash tax payments
- Assess & determine ways to streamline the tax return process to become more efficient
- Effectively coordinate roles & responsibilities between the internal tax team & the co-sourced resources for completion of tax returns
- Ensure workpapers are complete in support of tax return filings & the defense of tax audits
- Manage US tax audits, tax inquiries & tax notices
- Manage quarterly transfer pricing calculations & the annual documentation process
- Consider opportunities for tax process automation, especially where transfer pricing is concerned.
- Work with our Dublin finance team in support & review of the foreign tax returns prepared through the Dublin finance team
- Manage the federal, state & Canada R&D credits
- Conduct various research & planning projects (e.g., nexus & R&D credit studies) with preparation of supporting technical memos as needed
- Monitor changes in federal, state, international, indirect & local tax legislation
- 8+ years of corporate tax experience in industry or public accounting
- Knowledge of federal, state & local tax laws & applicable regulations
- International tax knowledge, including transfer pricing
- Experience with regard to R&D tax credit studies & supporting documentation
- Analytical planning ability to provide suggestions & alternatives to complex scenarios
- Strong oral & written communication (face-to-face interview & research credit functional analysis write-up skills a plus)
- Strong research & documentation skills
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field
- CPA and/or Masters of Science in Taxation (MST) a plus
- Experience with NetSuite & other business systems a plus
- You are a team player & a team leader with ambition to grow
- You lead with honesty & integrity
- You are positive, productive, & proactive
- You have a good sense of sense of humor
- You are highly motivated & exhibit strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects & prioritize work
- You have excellent communication skills & deal effectively with other functional areas, management, & outside consultants.
- You analyze problems & exercise good judgment in resolving necessary actions.
- You possess strong computer skills, including with regard to MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays & parental leave, & equity compensation. SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.