ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStarsUS The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As an Engineering Director youll be managing & working closely with our engineers day-to-day to support & mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges. Youll help find opportunities focused on providing the best employee experience while balancing delivery of capabilities that work at Scale. Youll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. Youll raise & help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manage multiple software development teams (geographically dispersed) where the overall business opportunity or strategy may not yet be defined.
- Produce & deliver a strategic, technical vision identifying gaps in ownership & negotiating wholl own them going forward.
- Work with our Technical Experts to take advantage of opportunities to re-use technology whether internal to Flutter Group or vendor offerings, or build in-house to secure our competitive advantage.
- Proactively identify technology gaps & opportunities, mitigate risks created through complexity (technical & regulatory).
- Ensure the right people are in the right job through creating leadership opportunities, hiring, performance management, & generally caring about your team.
- Partner with commercial & product stakeholders to build & balance backlogs & roadmaps for our products.
- To advocate, own & drive predictability through Operational Excellence & transparency through data & KPIs.
- Establishing baseline measures for quality, performance, scale & operational efficacy.
- Responsible for ensuring effective operational support in conjunction with all partners integrated with our IT Operations support organisation & customer support.
- Liaising with partners & regulatory bodies to establish & follow an effective release process.
- The ability to delivery architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor.
- Communicating & driving strategic initiatives (3-5 year horizons).
- Youll exhibit best behaviour & exemplify our company behaviours.
- Responsible for expenditure & ensuring you spend money effectively recognising areas of savings or waste.
- Responsible for recruitment - defining interview process, job specs & owning candidate experience.
What were looking for in our next teammate
- 10+ Years in a software role with 5+ years managing SE team(s). Ideally some experience managing managers.
- Experience designing & delivering technology solutions for consumer facing products in a high energy, ambiguous & scrutinised environment.
- Previous hands-on experience developing highly available, fault tolerant, resilient applications & transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery & support.
- Experience defining & implementing software delivery best practices, agile delivery methodologies & proven track-record of continuously improving delivery pace while maintaining quality.
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability & performance of those systems.
- Delivery of technology solutions working with partner development teams via near-shoring/off-shoring or 3rd party development.
- Experience managing managers.
- Experience defining & executing a strategic vision.
- Experience of writing distributed, highly scalable & available backend systems & APIs.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.