IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous Paid Time Off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of Volunteer Time Off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
Title: Associate Director, M&A
Location: New York City, NY
Reporting To: Head of M&A
The M&A group works with the Office of the Chairman to identify, evaluate, & execute M&A transactions & investments for IAC & its portfolio companies. We are looking to grow our team of deal professionals as we are currently executing 15-20 transactions per year across the portfolio. M&A is a high-profile, strategic part of IAC, & so this position represents a vital role within the company. You will be expected to be able to lead all aspects of transaction evaluation & execution, from idea generation through valuation, due diligence, & negotiation of legal documentation. In this role, you will have extensive interaction with senior management of IAC & our portfolio companies.
- Performing industry research to identify opportunities for growth within IAC's existing businesses or expansion into new areas.
- Developing detailed financial models & valuation analysis for potential transactions & leading Associate Directors in compiling research, developing models, & valuation scenarios.
- Coordinating & implementing due diligence for potential transactions.
- Creating investment conclusions & related presentations for review by the senior management team of IAC, including the Office of the Chairman.
- Interfacing with finance, legal, tax, & other departments of IAC to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Minimum 2 years in investment banking (preferably in the M&A group) plus 1-2 years at a hedge fund, private equity, venture capital, or corporate M&A firm.
- Experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis, & research in heavily transactional situations.
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial & driven by a new challenge.
- Willingness to travel essential.