VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Account Manager, Virtue (Contract)
REPORTS TO: Account Director(s), Virtue; Head of Client Services & Business Development
OVERVIEW: VIRTUE Worldwides Toronto office is seeking an exceptional Account Manager to join our growing team. In addition to having exceptional client-service & project management skills, the ideal candidate will have strong digital / community management acumen, will have the ability to think like both a marketeranda publisher, & will be driven to always push for better. They should embrace a dynamic, energetic work environment, & relish the opportunity to break new ground & try something thats never been done before.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivering best-in-class work on any given program
- Establish priorities, leverage existing processes (and develop new ones) to achieve program objectives
- Develop an understanding of client business, needs, expectations, & requirements
- Manage day to day client relationships through best in class project management
- Develop & manage project timelines, including coordination of internal resources
- Work collaboratively with cross-department team including individuals from creative, production, strategy & PR teams
- Ensure programs are running smoothly & communication is effective with both Virtue & client
- Create or provide guidance in the creation of key project documents including calendars & budgets
- Manage social media calendars & post social media assets to platforms (FB/IG/TW)
- Design & execute a cross-channel content calendar that leverages the strategy & strengths of each platform
- Community management on all posts organic & paid
- Manage the strategy & setup of all paid campaigns on assigned channels.
- Social media amplification & targeting on all social platforms
- Track social spend, follower growth & engagement
- Measure channel health & performance while developing strategies for continued improvement
- Develop quarterly reports around content, summarize activity in the community & show progress against goals
- Manage & oversee social media content
- Assist in creative management & development from global assets
- Potential work with influencer content creators
- Schedule client meetings, send recaps & next step emails
- Alert client & internal teams of upcoming project deadlines
- Create, gather, & assemble presentations for clients
- Work with Account Director & Group Account Director to spot opportunities to generate additional revenue with current clients
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-4 years experience in a client service / project management / community service role at an advertising / media agency or digital production house
- A solid understanding of project management & delivery of interactive & offline initiatives
- Experience participating in social media sites & moderating online communities
- Understand how to manage social platform paid amplification & targeting
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing & advertising
- Ability to strategize & problem solve
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include some work on weekends & holidays
- Strong organizational skills & detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task & work within tight deadlines
- Strong client-service orientation, self-motivation, & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.