As an Expansion Manager, you will be Compasss multi-regional business development, financial, & operational lead in getting a new Compass city off the ground. Simply put, we have ambitious growth plans, & are looking for the next set of leaders to help us achieve them.
You will help refine the launch playbook & lead operations across all key functions: business development, product, data, listings, marketing, & sales. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of key regional operational functions & staff hires while contributing to projects & running analyses to drive top-line growth & achieve greater operational efficiency. In addition, you will manage the local P&L & work directly with HQ & the company COO on budgeting, reporting & financial planning topics.
At Compass You Will:
- Refine market launch playbook alongside HQ in NYC
- Guide & operationalize key strategic decisions for a new Compass city
- Manage local staff & maintain thoughtful business process to support agents
- Help drive the company roadmap by figuring out what products & services would help elevate new Compass markets
- Manage P&L for the launch & approve major expense items; work directly with HQ & company COO on reporting & financial planning topics
- Drive process improvement across all regional departments
- Make hiring decisions & own operational org chart
- Work with real estate lead on developing strategic partnerships
- Support real estate lead in agent recruiting
- Be an athlete, & be excited to dive in & play a hands on role when needed
What We're Looking For:
- 4-6+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate business development, private equity, or finance. Experience at a high growth company or startup a major plus.
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to gain respect from & lead seasoned real estate industry professionals
- Strong strategic planning skills, effective project management, & sound decision making abilities
- Solution-oriented mindset & work approach: you should be able to make a new Compass city come to life, whatever it takes
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple stakeholders
- Charisma & a natural ability to connect with others
- Willingness to travel
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.