CLEAR makes life easier & more secure by using biometrics your fingerprints, eyes & face to confirm that you are you, & keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, were working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric developer to join our team. As a backend developer on our mobile team, you will be responsible for the design, development, test, & deployment of the services that power our mobile applications. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services & software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, & flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
If you are a developer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, have worked on scalable applications & apps, & have the desire to help drive CLEARs next generation products, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do:
- Design & build backend services that power our native mobile applications on iOS & Android to leverage CLEARs platform & capabilities
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, & general reliability
- Implement new features & optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Develop reference scripts & demo apps against our REST API
- Understand various systems in our platform & how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, both internal & external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR API on the mobile platform
Who You Are:
- You have at least 3 years of experience building backend services using Java or other relevant technologies
- Experience developing & publishing APIs
- Experience working Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services & infrastructure using SignalFX, Splunk or similar tools
- You have open-source framework contributions, extensive coding tutorial, or example projects on GitHub
- You have experience with third-party libraries & APIs
- You have the ability & willingness to work with any language building both simple back-end applications.
- Passionate about end user apps on all platforms
- Bonus points
- Experience with iOS, Swift, Android, & Kotlin