Director - Product Marketing Management at Walmart
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the worlds largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, & more. And were just getting started.
About the Product Marketing organization at Walmart
We Are The Voice Of The Customer To Product And The Voice Of Product To The Customer
We enable the adoption of digital tools, services & experiences that provide Time Starved Busy Families with the fastest, easiest, & most convenientshopping experience, in store & online
We generate value to our customer, by deeply understanding & anticipating her needs & pain-points, ensuring the products, services & experiences developed by Walmart address them, & enabling her to incorporate them into her shopping routine
We bring value to Walmart by helping connect customers with the product, feature or experience that will be most helpful for them in that moment, which ultimately result in customers who shop across channels & categories seamlessly.
About the Job
As the Director of Product Marketing Management, you will be part of the PMM team, which is in charge of adoption & stickiness of online & in-store features, services & experiences that are directly linked to one of our verticals: Home, Fashion, Consumables, Durables & Entertainment. You will report to the VP of Mobile & Product Marketing & your goals will be increased product adoption & stickiness, with the ultimate objective of increasing CLTV marketing efficiency.
In this highly cross-functional team, you will be a strategic partner to the Retail Marketing & Product Management teams, providing key customer insights, being the voice of the customer during the development process, & owning the go-to-market & growth strategy for breakthrough products & experiences.
In 2019 you will focus on a narrow set of initiatives, to prove our value to the organization & develop the processes to be used later on when we scale the team:
- You will own:
- Baby Registry Launching in Q2
- Wireless Launching in Q2
- In-home delivery In discovery stage
- You will oversee (by managing the person who owns it):
- Autoship (Consumables subscription) Launching in Q3
- Easy Reorder Mature but needs to be optimized
You are both a marketer & technologist. You love customers & making sure their needs are built into experiences. You love technology & how retailers can enhance customers lives & save them money & time.
You have a proven track record of bringing impactful products & experiences to market, delivering on growth & adoption targets.
You have a bias for action. You love to take risks & enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision & then execute on that vision.
You thrive on understanding what makes people tick. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers & how to use them to drive growth & profitability in ecommerce. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief, & know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You live & breathe marketing & can go from chatting about media plans to partnerships to brand strategy to site experience in one conversation.
You love data. You could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, & can turn your analysis into tangible insights & strategies (and then implement them).
You are curious & ambitious. You are never satisfied with the status quo & are constantly looking to learn, grow, & innovate.
Youre a flexible team player. You have great business sense & know when to trust your gut.
Influencing others & being a leader comes naturally to you
Youre customer obsessed.
Product Development Stage
- Serve as the voice of the customer for features in development or testing phase
- Develop Customer Value Proposition & competitive differentiation
- Serve as liaison between PM & Creative team, for all branding purposes: Messaging, Naming, Visual Identity, etc.
- Ensure all events are tagged for marketing performance tracking purposes
- Work with Retail Marketing team to ensure everything aligns with the business strategy
Product Launch Stage
- Develop testing methodology
- Design path-to-purchase & segmentation strategy
- Develop & execute go-to-market strategy
- Coordinate launch across all marketing channels
- Brief creative & media teams
- Plan media for launch campaign
- Define KPIs
- Design CRM strategy
- Develop in-store marketing plan & associate training. Coordinate execution with Store Experience team
- Oversee deployment of budget for launch & optimize as necessary (with channel owners)
Post Launch Stage
- Manage budget on an ongoing basis, working with channel owners to deploy it
- Report on performance on a weekly basis at launch & monthly basis afterwards
- Perform cohort analysis on an ongoing basis
- Test & iterate marketing assets
- Continuously analyze competitive environment & customer behavior. Bring back insights to the PM potential improvements
- Socialize awareness, consideration & trial metrics
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to understand value to the business
- Work with Category Marketing team to ensure product feature messaging is included in category campaigns
- Recruit & manage team of 1, who will be the PMM of Autoship & ERO
- 13+ years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce marketing, with a strong preference for Product Marketing
- Experience in both direct response & brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing & partnerships
- Proven leadership & experience working & influencing cross functionally.
- Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, & new media to engage customers & transform brand & customer experience.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand & analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions & measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Well-versed in project/process management with the ability to effectively prioritize
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing & learning messaging & creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Knowledge of & interest in ecommerce customer behavior
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.