Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a People Coordinator who will play a key role in the growth of Casper. This person will be based at our HQ in New York & will partner closely with all of our commercial functions (marketing, experience, retail, wholesale) to coordinate interviews & deliver a magical experience to all our candidates & employees. Ideally, you have some experience in talent acquisition/recruiting, candidate experience, & Human Resources. You should have a true passion for people & culture, driven to develop yourself & those around you, and, of course, you must love sleeping & naps!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Provide an extremely positive, high-touch experience for any/all candidates throughout the entire interview process.
- Support the full life cycle of candidate & employee experience: scheduling interviews, communication with candidates, sending offer letters
- Manage employee lifecycle administration: communication with new hires & managers before their start date, employee file maintenance including visa files, consultant contract maintenance, compliance audits & offboarding
- Maintain the highest level of employee data integrity in HR systems: ADP, Greenhouse & internal documents
- Be a friendly point of contact for any new hire questions, any employee questions around people processes including performance reviews, HR administration
- Become a subject matter expert for immigration matters & visas
- Continuously evaluate existing HR administrative processes & make recommendations for process improvements as needed to better serve internal & external clients
- Along with the senior recruiter, assist in the creation of job descriptions
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required
Our dream candidate has...
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills & a super positive approach!
- 1-3 years experience with as a recruiting / HR coordinator, preferably in a startup environment, tech company, consumer brand or retailer
- Proactive problem solving & critical thinking skills
- An extremely organized & detail oriented approach to their work! You can manage competing priorities & are structured about your work.
- An interest in sourcing and/or screening qualified candidates
- The ability to work independently & handle a high volume of workload (while eating waffles).
- Knowledge of Greenhouse or similar ATS's would be a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!