ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & FanDuel Group Affiliate
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & FanDuel Group Affiliate
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Fraud & Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting & optimizing the teams data pipeline as well as the development & optimization of reporting & machine learning models across the FanDuel Group brands. Fraud & Risk Analysts play a key role in assisting our organization with Fraud prevention & response. This role requires collaboration with various internal teams such as Data Science, Engineering, Compliance, Customer Support & Product Operations to perform detailed analysis of Fraud & Risk data sets. This role requires an intermediate to advanced understanding of existing & emerging Fraud risks within Daily Fantasy Sports, online gaming or related industries. Fraud & Risk Data Analysts must pass required licensing as mandated by various state gaming & racing regulatory bodies. Failure to be licensed or retain licensure will result in termination of employment. This position reports into the Senior Manager, Fraud & Risk.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Analyze diverse data sets & work closely with internal teams & stakeholders to recommend solutions
- Extract data from various sources often using complex joins across multiple datasets using SQL
- Develop & optimize team reporting as well as assist the Data Science Team with machine learning models
- Support & create roadmap projects as it relates to data
- Support with troubleshooting code problems & data-related issues
- Analyze diverse data sets to interpret existing or emerging trends
- Provide training on new reports, report changes & dashboards.
- Audit & optimize the team's data pipeline, monitoring & detection tools.
- Assist in the development & implementation of improvement projects
- Assist with daily reports & data extraction when needed
- Conduct research & analysis into the primary drivers of customer fraud
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 2 years of fraud experience in Daily Fantasy Sports or related online gaming, sports betting/e-commerce fields preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in data analysis & investigation deep dives.
- Minimum of 1 year of technical experience extracting & processing data using SQL
- Experience with Python, Redshift, S3, Github and/or DataBricks preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level of familiarity with online gaming fraud schemes & categories as well as knowledge of common fraud-prevention strategies & systems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to condense complex topics into compelling narratives for various audiences.
- Self-motivated, analytical thinker with a passion to thoroughly investigate fraudulent behavior & patterns under minimal supervision.
- Availability to work flexible hours that include nights & weekends.
- Passion for sports and/or gaming industry is a plus
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.