CityBridge Education is a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit whose mission is to
advance equity & opportunity for children. We operationalize that vision as
an early-stage incubator for public education, identifying the people, new ideas & school models that will power the next wave of educational results. Specifically, we will identity & develop a robust cohort of leaders and school designers, deploying particular effort to recruiting leaders of color; we will incubate and invest in the best of their ideas; & together, we will bring to market the next generation of transformational public schooling.
Our Directors, School Launch & Incubation stand on the front lines of CityBridges goal to incubate & launch transformative new schools. Directors work intensively, daily, as collaborators with our school founders, managing them towards successful launch.
Responsible for a set of 56 founders or launched schools, each Director balances the art & science of creating transformative schools, thoughtful decision making, resource allocation, & the risk inherent in simultaneously building on & disrupting the educational status quo.
Each Director will align their work with charter approval & successful launch of each school with which they work. We support & accelerate the work of visionary founders who are creating innovative models that will deliver radically different results for students. We are looking for an aligned mindset in each Director we hire.
- Design & implement strategic school incubation plans.
- Coach & support each school founder to create the best charter application to support that schools vision for launch.
- Broker critical resources for school founders: Ensure founding teams access & utilize people, partners, & expertise available to them & support them to prioritize those that will yield optimal benefit for their growth & school model.
- Conduct needs assessments regularly & design customized oversight that supports each schools progress.
- Build knowledge of the D.C. education landscape & how the school portfolio contributes to providing great options for D.C. students.
- Assess the founders strengths & gaps, & design tailormade solutions to maximize impact.
- Frequently analyze school founders progress to launch & adjust plan & supports as necessary.
- Research & aggregate information with school founders. Stay abreast of the latest findings in education & bring relevant, helpful ideas & context that may help accelerate their progress.
- Communicate progress. Routinely update Senior Director as well at CityBridge management, with comprehensive progress of schools. Support school founders in designing schools shaped by the CityBridge design principles of Intentional Equity, Expansive Measures of Success, & Deep, Personalized Learning.
Qualifications of a strong Director:
- Shows tremendous aptitude for strategic thinking & planning, including superior analytical skills & initiative to regularly assess progress & adjust course accordingly
- Has a track record of successfully leading & motivating others through challenging work
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Learns & leads through an anti-racist, anti-bias lens
- Builds strong, honest relationships
- Has experience as an educator and/or leading educators
Salary & Benefits information
Salary for this position is highly competitive & a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Apply now! Start date is as soon as possible, no later than June 2019, & applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit a resume & onepage cover letter.
CityBridge Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CityBridge Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants & employees.