Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to support continuous delivery of value to Twilio customers through automation, testing & instrumentation aimed at ensuring Twilio products achieve the health & performance our customers deserve.
Twilio is looking for software engineers who are amazing operators, who love focusing on building performant, reliable, resilient systems, & know
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- SME in at least one of the following languages Java, C, Scala, Go, Python
- 3+ years SRE or Production Engineering Experience
- Expertise with infrastructure & application instrumentation; defining & instrumenting SLIs, SLOs, & SLAs
- Experience with relational or NoSQL storage systems
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience building & running on public cloud infrastructure
- Strong dislike of toil, seeks joy through automation of all the things
- Strong communicator fluent in written & verbal English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
As an SRE, you will:
- Leverage your software engineering skills to instrument, automate, & operate Twilios globally distributed, highly available products & services
- Use Chaos Engineering approaches to identify opportunities to absorb or route around, in real-time, network health & performance degradation
- Partner with Twilios product engineering teams to identify & instrument SLIs, SLOs, & ultimately meet or exceed SLAs for Twilio customers
- Build mission critical tooling to triage & mitigate incidents quickly for our customers
The SRE Team is critical to ensuring resilience & reliability arent just buzz words when it comes to Twilios mission critical communication platforms. SREs are at the forefront of delivering customer trust in partnership with the Product Engineering teams. If you like hard scaling problems, architecting for resilience & managing customer experience through SLOs then the SRE team will feel like home.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located out of our Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77, although working remotely is also an option. Here, over 60 Twilions are fully dedicating their skills to our different products & initiatives while at the same time creating a unique office-culture in what has become one of Twilios fastest growing tech-hub offices worldwide. An office that, as this years terrible COVID-19 pandemic has shown us, can overcome any challenges & stay focused & united during difficult times, always putting the safety & health of our employees & their families first. We have proven we can all have a strong impact & coordinate well together no matter where we work from.
Around the globe, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well-being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.