Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, & ultimately build an open, accessible & fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking to bring in a Head of Tax to join our rapidly growing Finance team. This is an opportunity to play an instrumental role in a business-critical function within a dynamic, exciting company. Your impact on Blockchain.com, as it continues to expand, will be huge.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working with leadership, legal, accounting & business teams on the tax aspects of product line & business profile,
- Working on M&A & other strategic imperatives in the US & globally from a tax perspective,
- Taking ownership of tax provisions & footnotes from accounting/tax perspective
- Researching & providing support for our tax positions internally & under examination by tax authorities and
- Overseeing tax compliance & ensuring that the tax laws are interpreted & reported correctly.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Significant experience at a law or accounting firm with a specialization in tax
- Strong technical tax skills, ideally in financial services and/or international
- Familiarity with tax accounting & interaction with tax laws
- Experience working in teams & collaborating across different business & professional disciplines
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard & take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience & meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Resume/CV & LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a Controller):
- Blockchain Access UK.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US)
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controllers recruitment related activities, which include setting up & conducting interviews & tests for applicants, evaluating & assessing the results thereto, & as is otherwise needed in the recruitment & hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, & selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, a cloud services provider located in the United States of America & engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment & hiring process on Controllers behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, & to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.