Squarespace's Data Platform team is responsible for writing & maintaining software that ensures end-to-end delivery of reliable data to stakeholders across the company. The data is instrumented & depended on by product managers, engineers, analysts, data scientists & executives across Squarespace.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing on key initiatives designed to shorten the time from idea to measurement, improve data quality, & enhance representation of user journeys in our internal datastores, tooling, & A/B tests across Squarespace products. You'll work on a team where constant learning & team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll Get To
- Join a team responsible for building & maintaining the tools & software that is used by our Data Scientists, Data Engineers & Data Analysts
- Directly support Squarespace's A/B testing efforts by building the pipeline services that engineers across the company can leverage
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team on developing our next-generation cloud data warehouse & data lake
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- You will work with cloud technologies, relational databases, & distributed systems. Our platform is ever-evolving, but currently is a combination of Java, Python, Postgres, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, & Mongo
Who We're Looking For
- Experience building & maintaining data services with high uptime requirements
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience with Avro a plus
- 1+ years of experience in a software engineering role
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Free lunch & snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle & St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.