The VP, Brand Partnerships & Ad Sales will be a key part of the First Look Media (FLM) management team & responsible for developing & implementing holistic, strategic brand partnerships that leverage FLMs unique capabilities including our media platforms, custom content production, original programming, events & talent network. You will work closely with the leadership team to establish & define business goals, KPIs & objectives that drive advertising & sponsorship revenue & be accountable to meet & exceed them.
In this role you will be tasked with; developing our initial go-to-market strategy, building & leading a new sales team, leveraging your network of executive level relationships within the brand & agency community & establishing FLM as an innovative partner for brand collaboration & content creation.
The role will require you to work closely with the FLM branded content team & successfully connect FLMs deep community of award-winning video creators & filmmakers with leading brands to create high touch, original & cinematic quality content solutions.
The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively with the FLM Marketing, Audience Development, Analytics, Operations, Programming, Product & Event teams to develop our advertising & sponsorship offerings & fulfill the quality promise we make to our brand partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to build our commercial strategy & bring it to market as part of an innovative company at the forefront of storytelling.
The position will be based in New York & will report to the SVP of Strategic Partnerships & Sales.
- Lead all facets of the sales process including strategy, identifying new & emerging categories, prospect outreach, development of sales & marketing materials, negotiating & closing partnership deals.
- Achieve annual revenue goals.
- Develop & establish business goals, KPIs & revenue growth strategies in collaboration with the FLM leadership team.
- Create, test, & refine the sales offer, including the compelling story that highlights FLMs value proposition.
- Identify & prioritize target accounts across a wide range of sectors in both endemic & non-endemic categories & craft solutions for each client.
- Build strong internal relationships & collaborate across the FLM organization to build unique programs on behalf of our brand partners & galvanize internal teams to ensure a smooth & efficient process for campaign execution.
- Provide needs assessment for newly formed Ad Ops team & Tech platform.
- Apply consumer data & analytics to create innovative solutions with FLMs content & platforms.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on marketplace trends, technologies, & competitive developments & provide strategic feedback to internal stakeholders that will help inform product updates, positioning & new revenue opportunities.
- Implement & manage a robust sales management processes including sales pipeline, account planning, proposals & billing.
- Establish best practices & discipline within the team, so that FLM is considered a top partner with its clients/partners.
Background & Qualifications:
- A bachelors degree
- Minimum 10 years experience working within digital media sales or branded content of a content-driven publisher and/or entertainment/media company.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience with proven ability to effectively lead & motivate a team to achieve or exceed sales targets.
- Proven history of strong, relationship-based strategic selling with senior level contacts within the marketing organizations of brands ideally related to strategic, entertainment & influencer marketing initiatives as well as with the agencies that service these brands.
- A senior level presence with the ability to inspire trust & represent the company to senior executives at top ad agencies & influencer brands/advertisers.
- Experience selling & closing scalable, innovative branded content products & programs.
- Expert knowledge of sales cycle, from initial prospecting through closing.
- Solid financial knowledge & ability to price & package to maximize both revenue & margins.
- Strong written & verbal communications skills, an innate ability to channel different points of view; able to establish & maintain excellent relationships & credibility quickly; create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives.
- A passion for the companys mission, brands & content & an entrepreneurial spirit & innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at First Look.
Topic is the ambitious new storytelling brand & entertainment studio from First Look Media, dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award-winning films (Spotlight) to television, audio & digital, we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction & nonfiction with an emphasis on stories of consequence that explore the issues of our time. Our approach challenging, compelling & unconventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.