Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish, & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies, working as a team to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
The Payroll Accountant at Guardant Health will contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapid growth & emerging environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis. Intrinsic motivation, curiosity, persistence & collaboration will be critical to thrive in this role. You will partner, & problem solve with colleagues across a number of business teams, therefore, strong interpersonal communication skills are required, both written & verbal.
The Payroll Accountant will perform complex administrative & accounting duties necessary to prepare payroll for exempt & non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment & globally while ensuring compliance with company policy & procedure as well as federal, state & local payroll tax regulations. All responsibilities need to be performed on time & with accuracy utilizing judgement & initiative under the stress of strict deadlines.
- Full-cycle processing of semi-monthly US payroll for 600+ employees working in over 30 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments & external benefit providers. This includes maintaining supporting documentation & authorization for all changes.
- Responsible for creating reconciliation reports at month end, fiscal year end, & at the calendar year end for 401k, benefits, & Equity awards.
- May be responsible for preparing & keying multiple journal entries, weekly, monthly & as necessary for payroll related items.
- Assist with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments & key annual audits (e.g. 401 (k), workers compensations, external financial audit).
- Research & advise payroll staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions.
- Recognize opportunities & recommend scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy. This includes assisting the Payroll Manager with the design & implementation of internal control measures & periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Provide standard & ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Equity & People Operations.
- Reconcile & validate 401(k)/Roth contributions & resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain good recordkeeping practices & payroll files.
- Assist in implementing, writing & maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with multi-state Payrolls larger than 1,000 employees with both exempt & non-exempt employees.
- Detailed knowledge of payroll compliance & working knowledge of state/federal employment laws/regulations.
- 5+ Years of experience in a Payroll function preferably in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ Years of experience processing payroll using ADP WorkforceNow.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & take ownership of work product. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Possess a tech-savvy mindset & passion for end to end design & improvement.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team & take on new tasks with various levels of difficulty in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of a spreadsheet (MS Excel & Google), word processing (MS Word & Google).
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner.
- Demonstrated skill with business judgement & problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels & cross-functionally within the company.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to complete with discretion & confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details.
- Maintain a helpful & positive attitude during periods of high volume.
- Strong system & data flow knowledge. Ability to learn & adapt to new process flows & software technologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/