KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Industry Analyst & Content Manager Steel Product Management
Working directly in the Product Management Group for Steel Products at Katerra, this role will work with the team on overall industry & steel industry monitoring & analysis as well as content management of the resources to disseminate across the constituent groups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep other members of the team informed of the market data
- Accurately price using total installed cost, total ownership cost, & total construction cost specific to Katerra-specific operational characteristics
- Actively interact with Operations (including sourcing, business development) to both gather & deliver data
- Engage & form relationships with vendors regarding the prevailing product uses, pricing, outlook,
- Strive to understand the chief objectives of each product development exercise & actively engage in providing analysis demonstrating value (or lack thereof) in product development initiatives,
- Support team business development efforts,
- Create content delivering the product development outcomes to the internal & external stakeholders.
- Keeping abreast relevant industry developments involving standardization, equipment, products, market & other regulatory data relative to cold-formed steel industry & the ability to filter & promulgate the directly applicable information to the CFS development leadership, the group members & other stakeholders throughout the company,
- Maintaining active & vibrant industry network through engagement with trade associations, research community, practitioners, contractors, standardization bodies & manufacturers, & effectively exploiting those in the course of the groups product development efforts,
- Support, on behalf of the CFS development team, routine internal requests & provide resources relative to design, products or external consultants,
- Enhance & maintain the robust internal informational platform, under the direction of the CFS group leadership, serving as a central depository of the companys CFS state-of-the-art know-how related to manufacturing, design, R&D & construction practices,
- Assist in creating presentations, multimedia resources, articles & educational resources on behalf of the group and, when applicable, assisting the companys marketing resources.
Required Skills & Experience
- BA in business administration or marketing, or BS in engineering
- Previous experience in the construction industry in purchasing, business development, estimation and/or direct construction experience, preferably involving steel and/or cold-formed steel
- Ability to collect & analyze data & build predictive models incorporating all relevant cost contributions
- Basic understanding of the underpinning mechanics of the business cycle of the construction industry & their effects on supply chain & the decision making in the choice of a framing system
- Awareness of major vendors in the finished product & raw material domains
- Excellent communication & writing skills & the ability to interact across disciplines within & outside the company in a professional & timely fashion & the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Analytically inclined
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Understanding & experience with the regulatory & standardization framework governing cold-formed steel framing, materials & industry
- Understanding & familiarity with framing methods, basic design practices, common resources & current trends governing cold-formed steel framing industry
- Understanding the product lines & prominent vendors relevant to the cold-formed industry involving equipment raw materials, half-materials, finished products, including member, connection components & accessories.
- The ability to establish relationships with the appropriate external & internal stakeholders in an effort to stay abreast the latest developments in the industry
- Basic multimedia skills
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.