BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Business
Job Category: International Content Operations
Salary: 135,000-155,000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a highly creative, versatile, jack-of-all-trades marketing executive in our Studio, who will lead & execute promotional campaigns spanning digital, PR, & IRL activations that drive an audience for BuzzFeed's suite of film, television, documentary, & audio projects. In addition to leading strategy & production of assets around our projects' releases, the Director of Marketing will be charged with ensuring all marketing elements deliver on key KPIs, ladder up to the brand voice of BuzzFeed's Studio, & exceed expectations of our industry partners, including producers, distributors, & studios. The role will require top-notch attention to detail, as well as strong written & verbal communication skills as a main point of contact for filmmakers, talent, other BuzzFeed stakeholders, & partners at TV networks & film studios. The role reports to BuzzFeed's VP of Marketing & Operations.
- Build strong, visual presentations to communicate your ideas to internal stakeholders, studios, filmmakers, & talent.
- Develop briefs that outline promotional content & release strategy for projects that deliver on crucial KPIs, & then bring that strategy to life.
- Develop project budgets & timelines with other BuzzFeed stakeholders, & ensure a project's volume of work is delivered to a high calibur, on time & within budget.
- Help develop & review written & video content in support of Studios projects to ensure it delivers on the project brief.
- Give effective feedback to writers & editors making content for BuzzFeed's Studio.
- Have a deep understanding of social platforms, their audiences, & the content that works on them.
- Have an understanding of paid media distribution & how to effectively utilize it in a campaign.
- Develop an understanding of BuzzFeed's ad products, & build media plans that deliver on a project's overall marketing strategy leveraging these products.
- Liaise regularly with editorial & social teams to understand trends & successful content frames that could benefit the Studio's promotional campaigns.
- Report on Studio marketing strategy, tactics, & campaign delivery to key stakeholders & the company leadership
- Be a strong communicator, able to represent Studio from a strategic & more tactical POV both internally & externally.
- Be comfortable working with high profile talent to get content made.
- Think about how a project will be marketed as early as development, & work with our Development team to communicate these ideas to potential partners & buyers.
- The desire to build a Studio marketing division that is an industry leader in how entertainment properties are promoted.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in social, content, and/or marketing, ideally at a studio, publisher, or streamer.
- A love for internet content across video & written formats.
- A passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of social platforms.
- A strong grasp of social marketing.
- An eye for great content, both on-set & on-the-page.
- Superb communication & diplomacy skills.
- A calm, collected approach, even in challenging moments.
- Experience working with studios & streamers (preferred).
- The eagerness to innovate while operationalizing.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.