Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services. Nextdoors purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we aim to empower teams across the company to quickly & responsibly build a better, more successful product. In order to fuel our rapid development, we need to be able to quickly understand the impact of changes weve made to our product & our ecosystem. Teams across the company such as growth, revenue, member experience, & marketing all rely on experimentation as a crucial part of their day-to-day work. We believe in making data-driven decisions & proper test configuration, data collection, & analysis is the vehicle we rely on to get there.
The Impact Youll Make
As a founding member of our experimentation platform team you will be in a unique position to drive the future of experimentation at Nextdoor. We are looking for a passionate, experienced, resourceful hands-on leader who can make pragmatic short-term decisions while also applying your vision for the future.
This is an exciting time to join Nextdoor as we have significant scale & big data challenges, while still being small & dynamic enough that youll have full ownership of designing, implementing, & setting the strategic vision for experimentation at Nextdoor. Your work will directly fuel innovation & development velocity for hundreds of engineers, data scientists, & data consumers not to mention impacting millions of Nextdoor members around the globe.
- Design, implement, & maintain the experimentation platform
- Design for large-scale data sets & fast analysis with a focus on reliability & quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the whole company
- Increase developer velocity
What Youll Bring to The House
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science with specific interest in experimentation
- 7-10 years demonstrated experience shipping products, in an agile, iterative environment
- 1-3 years working actively with experimentation
- Ability to bring your vision for best practices & how to build a successful experimentation platform
- Experience meeting with a variety of stakeholders, gathering requirements, & setting expectations
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, or Scala
- Experience designing, building, & debugging distributed systems
- Experience working in both batch-oriented (hive, spark, etc) & stream-oriented (flink, storm, spark-streaming, etc) data processing
- An eagerness to think big, paired with the rigor & resolve to iterate & experiment your way there, & a sharp eye for the metrics to track to know if were on the right track
- Passionate about building data tools & automation
- Youre deeply curious about how to empower neighbors to strengthen their communities, how local businesses enhance their communities, & about what makes different neighborhoods around the globe thrive.
- Have a passion for data visualization
- Experience with front-end design
- Experience with product ecosystems that pose complex challenges for experimentation
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.