At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
The Rideshare Planning & Operations team at Lyft is responsible for accelerating the growth of the business & for hitting our top business/company goals around financial metrics & market share. The team is looking for a senior analyst who is passionate about advancing Lyfts mission through market expansion. We think about expansion broadly: expanding existing products into new markets, launching new products in existing markets, & optimizing our current product assortment all fall under this teams purview.
You will leverage your data analysis, process building & communication skills to deliver actionable insights to Rideshare Planning & Operations leaders. Were looking for a data & process-driven individual who has extraordinary attention to detail & a track record of analytical problem-solving.
This position will report into our Senior Manager, Strategy & Operations - Market Expansion, & will help the team make sound, data-driven decisions to increase revenues & profitability through market expansion.
- Evaluate opportunities to expand our business by launching new markets, building new products, entering new lines of business, or targeting new customer segments
- Manage & organize data to enable our team to move fast to support the business
- Work cross-functionally across numerous teams to understand, manage & build up processes to better manage our new & existing markets
- Analyze current drivers of growth & profitability within each market
- Identify barriers to incremental growth & profitability within existing markets through root cause analysis & help shape initiatives to remove them
- Develop segmentation frameworks to classify existing markets based on their similarities & differences across market characteristics, business performance metrics, regulatory landscape, competitive dynamics, etc.
- Analyze data, conduct research & synthesize feedback into recommendations, plans, processes & playbooks
- Build tools & dashboards to communicate findings, expose opportunities, & provoke action
- 3+ years of proven analytical experience & ability to work with large data sets
- Proficient in quantitative analysis; you can deep dive into large amounts of data, draw meaningful insights, dissect business issues & draw actionable conclusions
- Demonstrated critical thinking & structured problem solving abilities
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous work environment
- Familiarity or experience with P&L management
- Many strong candidates have backgrounds in consulting, data analytics, business operations, or strategy
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience building models in Excel
- Proficient with Google Suite (Sheets, Presentations, Docs) and/or Microsoft office suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau)
- Competence with Python or R a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.